Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 18, 2010, "Picture This" Month - Birds

Prompt:

Source: http://api.ning.com/files/KO9tutdgx-4sqqRiMTVlU-PXaBxmO0V79SPXNMv7UZrffDIq3ZyoSHxRNJ*dna6l/morrigan.jpg

Response: Birds

I saw the birds in a black cloud against the moon. I squinted, trying to see better which direction they were flying or what they were circling over.

I looked down beneath their roiling mass and saw a flutter of fabric. I could just make out a caped woman standing under the shadow of the birds. She raised her arms and the birds became a whirlwind, spiraling down to her spread fingertips.

In the revealed moonlight I could suddenly see that the ground beneath the woman's feet was a mound of corpses. Their dark blood stained the forest floor as the cloaked woman raised her face to the sky and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment