Saturday, August 7, 2010

Penance: August 6, 2010 - Psalm

Prompt: Lost

Source: None

Response: Psalm

Though I cry out with the voice of the lost the Lord will hear my cries. Though I am stained with the blood of my own hands, I will be washed clean by His light. Though I traverse the valley of the shadow of death, I will be bathed with blessed waters and made to lie down with His fold.

As my heart is turned again, I will feel the strength of His hand. Though I am of the dust of the earth, His voice will calm the storm inside my breast and guide me and preserve me, that I will stumble not. Though I walk alone, I will feel again His presence and His voice will calm the seas that drown me.

Notes: I have been reading the Psalms of David from the Old Testament and I have fallen in love with the beautiful language and the feeling of trust that is present there. And I have felt a lot of comfort and inspiration as I have read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment