Monday, May 31, 2010

Jane Austen, Enya and June

Wow, I actually made it through the first month. Sadly, I didn't think I honestly would. At the very least I thought I would have missed a day. Isn't it an awesome feeling when you outdo your own expectations? I quite like it.

Well school is out for me and, although I'm feeling pressure to find a summer job and get ready to transfer far far away in the fall, I am loving my extra free time. It's given me time for a lot of pastimes which have recently been neglected: my stories, books, music and general laziness are all near the top of the list, but probably the most relevant hobby which recently received extra time is this blog. I've been think a lot about fun things to do. I would still like to do a competition day (if anyone has ANY interest at all - let me know!), but I've had several other ideas as well. Mostly I think that I will have themes for prompts during some months. The ones I've come up with so far are:

- Poetry Month
- Month of Nostalgia (in which every prompt involves something you've written previously)
- Muse Month (in which every prompt involves someone else's work: music, art, film, literature etc)and
- Music Month

I've also been thinking about having a few special weeks where prompts are actually a chain and by the end the writer will have constructed an entire story, however, nothing is certain yet. I do plan, though, to change the format in November for National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) as it will be my first year participating. I think, instead of having a prompt each day, I will be posting whatever work I have done on my NaNoWriMo project.

Anyway, I'm bathing in Enya and reading Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen's characters are hilarious) and picking out prompts for June today. I'm pretty durn excited. Happy Memorial Day, everyone, see you next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment