Saturday, May 1, 2010

Folsom Prison Blues

Prompt: Write three sentences. First sentence is lyrics from a song.

Source: WEbook on Facebook. Lyrics from "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash.

Response: I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. I know it wasn't very nice of me, but, watching him die was . . . spiritual or something. It may be a sad commentary on my humanity, but I honestly don't think I'll ever see anything as spiritual as that again as long as I live.

Notes: It was so hard to chose which lyrics to use! Nothing I've been listening to recently really fit . . . I had to go on an intensive search. This being the first day and me being all excited I wanted to start this mission off with an uber gigantic bang. Unfortunately, neither my current schedule nor this prompt (which was pre-chosen) allowed much room for banging - gigantic or otherwise - in the writing department. However, I think I can say I started my day off with a small pow at the very least . . . Happy May 1st! Anchors away!

No comments:

Post a Comment