Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 12, 2010 - Dark Blue

Prompt: Explain how your favorite color makes you feel. Use your five senses to compare your color to other things.

Source: thewritingsite.org

Response: Dark blue is shiny like balloon rubber reflecting. Dark blue is tangy like beach tart blueberry pie filling. Dark blue is quietly piercing like the call of a bird in the night. Dark blue is mellow like ocean spray scent on a cloudy evening. Dark blue is soft and velvet, heavy like the enfolding shadow of night.

Notes: This prompt was suggested for grades K-2, but I thought it sounded like fun . . . guess that says a lot about my maturity . . . Black is actually my favorite color, but I've been having an intense love affair with dark blue for quite some time. I'm not sure why I didn't put this in Color Week, but . . . here it is.

Well . . . I missed a day. I've decided to change my policy in that circumstance - instead of doing just the two prompts of the current day and the day I missed, I will also do a penance prompt (coming up next).

No comments:

Post a Comment