Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 19, 2010 - One of Those Mornings

Prompt: Write using the adage, "these things happen in threes."

Source:davidrm.com/thejournal

Response: One of Those Mornings

When I woke up, I stubbed my toe on my bedside table while the Beatles played annoying loud in my alarm clock. It brought tears to my eyes.

I stumbled out of bed, slapping the alarm clock until it shut up. I yanked a shirt from my dresser drawer and started to pull it over my head - banging my elbow on the dresser in the process. It sent a pang up my arm that seemed to jolt my entire spine.

When I tripped down the stairs - getting a long, unattractive friction burn on my cheek - I found myself wishing that I had remembered that these things always happen in threes and stayed in bed.

Notes: I'm off to pack my period clothes into my homemade knapsack and push a handcart for a couple days on a pioneer trek reenactment . . . See you all on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment